Bread making skill is the creative art of combining different kinds of ingredients in their right proportions to produce different types of bread. Such ingredients include flour, sugar, yeast, butter, salt etc.
In the D-SAP program, we teach the basics of bread making skills that expose student to the step by step methods of bread making. Some of the types of bread we bake include mini loaves, coconut bread, sardine bread, marble bread, burger bread, hotdog bread, fruit bread etc.
With the knowledge of these types of bread, students can assist their families by baking for home consumption or go into mini commercial businesses in their communities by selling homemade bread.
Apply For this course
• Principles of personal hygiene, working environment
• Baking equipment’s and tools.
• Sections in standard bakery (setting up a bakery)
• Measurement (use of scale) • Introduction to raw materials, storage and handling.
• Bread process (unit operations in bread production)
• Post baking operations and product handling.
• Sensory evaluation of the finished products.
• Bread branding and marketing.
• Procurement of ingredients and equipment’s.
• Human resources
• Documentation and financials.
- The student will know the constituents in bread
-The student will know the equipment required to bake bread
-The student will be able to bake different types of bread
- The student will know how to setup a standard bakery
-The Student will acquire skills in managing and sustaining a bakery
1. Flour - 5kg
2. Sugar – 3kg
3. Butter – 2kg
4. Yeast – 1 pack
5. Salt – 500g
6. Softener/Improver - 200g
7. Desiccated Coconut – 1 packet
8. Mixed Fruits – 1 packet
9. Baking Cocoa Powder – 500g
10. Flavors - 4 small bottles (different ones like vanilla, butter scotch etc)
11. Preservation – 200g
12. Groundnut Oil – 1 bottle
1. Bowls and Buckets –
2 medium sized bows 2. Napkin - 2
4. Hand gloves and Hair cover
6. Bread Pans
7. Stainless Trays
8. Sponge and Detergents